Smokey Mac N Cheese
The key is in the smoked gouda! Its what really takes this mac n cheese to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL of comfort food
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces smoked gouda cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- Bring a stock pot of salted water to a boil, and add macaroni.
- Cook until al dente.
- Add mushroom soup, whipping cream, sour cream, and 75 % percent of your finely grated gouda, vermont cheddar, and regular cheddar mixture [reserve the rest to sprinkle on top of the dish] to a medium saucepan on low heat.
- Cook just until all cheese has melted, making sure to stir continuously.
- In a medium casserole dish [13x9], add your noodles then pour the sauce over them and mix well.
- Add freshly ground black pepper & seasoning salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the remainder of your cheese mixture on top of your dish, cover with foil and cook on 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
- Remove the foil, then place the dish in the broiler for about 2-3 minutes.
- Let sit for about 10-15 minutes.and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION