Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Frittata
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup full-fat milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onions or 1/4 cup chives
- 1 pinch dried basil (can use 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil)
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 -3 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 -4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- red onion, thinly sliced
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, onions, basil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat butter or oil in a 12-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and scatter cream cheese cubes over top.
- Cook, lifting up cooked eggs around edges using a spatula to let the raw egg flow underneath until the frittata is set on bottom, and egg is almost set but still moist on top (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle salmon all over frittata, then press lightly, the shake skillet to allow salmon to settle into the top.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat for 1 - 1-1/2 minutes, or until set, slightly puffed and golden in spots.
- Cool 5 minutes, then loosen edge with spatula, and slide onto a large plate.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Ultimate is right! I am so proud to serve this dish-everyone raves! First time, I used skim milk and low fat cream cheese and it came out great. Topped w/ red onions and capers, and served w/ a green salad. I took liberties when cooking a second time by using dill and fresh Texas chevre w/ chives. And, to make it easy, since I was cooking for a crowd, I melted the butter, divided it and the rest of ingredients into 2 baking pans, and baked at 350F-almost 50 minutes (used baking pans so they would both fit in my oven). Both were DELICIOUS! Thank you so much, Kitten, for another fabulous recipe; you always make me look like a star!!! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.