- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 10 plum tomatoes, cored
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Cut a small slit in two tomatoes, insert a garlic clove into each slit. Place tomatoes and onion in a slow cooker.
- Cut stem off jalapenos; remove seeds for a mild salsa. Place jalapenos in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until vegetables are softened; cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tomato mixture, cilantro and salt if desired; cover and process until smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Haven't made many salsas over the years, & here in one day, I've made two! This salsa went well with the chips I had, including the radish & yam chips! Didn't blend until smooth, 'cause I thought it would go well just a little chunky (& it did)! [Made & reviewed for one of the chefs I adopted in this Spring's PAC]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love my Taste of Home cookbook most of all. I'm into making breads, desserts, and healthy meals.