Slow-Cooked German Short Ribs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These ribs are amazing! Wonderful flavor. The flavor is reminiscent of German saurbraten. Serve with spaetzel and red cabbage.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 25mins
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lbs short rib of beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 slice onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 gingersnap cookies, crushed finely
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons flour, salt, and pepper. Coat the short ribs with the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown short ribs in olive oil.
- In a slow cooker, combine onions, wine, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chili powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the short ribs from the skillet to the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove ribs, and turn the slow cooker control to High.
- Finely crush gingersnnaps and stir into the sauce.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Serve over spatzel or buttered egg noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION