Slim Chicken Parmesan
A recipe from Rachael Ray.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 1 (28 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, cook the garlic over medium heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add the wine, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Return the chicken and any juices to the skillet, turning to coat. Top each piece of chicken with some of the mozzarella and 1 teaspoon parmesan, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes; transfer to a platter.
- Add the pasta and parsley to the skillet, toss and season with salt. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and serve alongside the chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this the other day & followed the recipe right on down, although I did use lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! Even though I'm not usually big on whole wheat pasta, we found this to be a very tasty dish, possibly because of the combo of cheeses along with the 2 large cloves of garlic that I used! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]