Sizzler Breakfast Bites
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Sausage, egg & cheese biscuits. Found online at http://www.hormel.com/recipes/details.aspx?Id=829
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 6 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package hormel little sizzlers pork sausage links, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry biscuit mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375º F.
- Lightly grease baking sheet.
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add eggs. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly scrambled and very softly set, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine LITTLE SIZZLERS®, onion, green pepper and garlic powder. Add dry baking mix and shredded cheese. Using clean hands, knead mixture until well blended (mixture will resemble meat loaf).
- Stir cooked eggs into sausage mixture and combine until blended. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. *Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and bites are ligthly browned.
- ** If desired, serve with salsa on the side.
- *At this point, uncooked breakfast bites can be frozen in a single layer. Before baking, thaw bites and bake as directed.
- ** After breakfast bites are cooked, you may also freeze in a single layer. To bake, place breakfast bites in a single layer. Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- To microwave, place bites in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate. Heat on HIGH for 30 seconds or until hot.
- BAKING OPTION: Place sausage mixture into a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. To serve, cut into bite-size pieces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION