Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: These delicious eggrolls are the perfect combination of hearty and spicy. Top them off with a cool avocado dipping sauce and your family is sure to gobble them up.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (approximately 2 breasts)
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggroll wraps
- 4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
avocado dipping sauce
- 1 cup avocado (approximately 2 - mashed)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 6 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- garnish chopped onion and tomatoes (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in skillet and add chicken. Season with cajun seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until no longer pink in the center or 3-5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining Tbsp of oil to the pan and the rest of the eggroll ingredients (except the eggroll wraps and vegetable oil). Dice chicken and add to pan. Let cook for about 5 minutes or until all vegetables are heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Measure half a cup of the mixture and place in the center of each eggroll wrap. Fold in sides and bottom. In a bowl, combine flour and water to make a paste. Use your finger to rub some of the paste on the top fold of the eggroll and finish rolling. The flour/water paste will seal the eggroll shut.
- Fry 2 or 3 at a time depending on the size of your fryer. Fry until golden brown.
AVOCADO DIPPING SAUCE DIRECTIONS:
- Mash the avocados with a fork and add all other ingredients. Stir well to combine. Top with garnish (optional).
- *TIP - The dipping sauce is better the longer it sits. If you have time, make it the day before and chill in the refrigerator. To keep the avocados from browning, add the avocado pits to the sauce while you're storing it.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more