Simple Wine Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour
- Add all ingredients in a bowl except flour; mix well.
- Add flour one cup at a time to make moist dough.
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of dough and roll into a tube long enough to make a pretzel shape.
- Make into pretzel shape(doesn't have to be perfect, I have make spirals before too).
- Repeat with rest of dough.
- Bake on a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Store in airtight container after cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As with everyone here, I love to cook. I love to collect cookbooks from all eras and types of food. My favorite is a set of books from the 60's called the Encyclopedia of Cookery, by Woman's Day. I hope to get a bunch of those recipe's posted here for all of you. I also love to use my crockpot! So much, that I had to go buy another one. I am a songle mom, so my biggest challenge is cooking smaller portions for me and my 4yr. old, Nicholas. He is my biggest fan and I him! I work for H-E-B as a Wine Manager. I love wine! So this job is perfect for me, I get to help people choose wine and sample it out all day. Which lets me try new wine all the time! I hope all of you enjoy my recipes and maybe one will become a new favorite for you!