Simple Whipped Shortbread
photo by womanofmystery
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar or 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whip butter, sugar and salt untill fluffy.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- Stir in flour and cornstarch a bit at a time to incorporate.
- Form into two thick ropes, rolling on wax paper.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes; they will be firm and easy to slice into coins.
- Bake slices until they just begin to turn golden on the bottom.
- I added chocolate chips to half, and they were nice too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!