Simple, Savory Quinoa
Easy to make and tasty, quinoa is a healthy side dish alternative to rice or potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 dashes fresh lemon juice
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the quinoa, garlic and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally until the quinoa is lightly browned.This takes about 5 minutes. Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- In a bowl toss the quinoa mixture together with the parsley, thyme, and salt. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Fantastic! The herbs in this recipe were a perfect combo for the quinoa. This was first attempt at preparing quinoa (other than adding a tablespoon to oatmeal). And I was a bit worried that I would have difficulty getting the consistency right. But that was not the case at all. This was a great recipe to learn from because the instructions were easy to follow, and the ingredient amounts were perfect. It all turned out beautiful! Thanks for sharing your recipe, CaliforniaJan. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.Reply