Sweet and Savory Quinoa Salad
Created for Quest - South America - a combination of the ingredients I love best.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup organic quinoa, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, chopped (light green and dark green)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or more to suit your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (or more to suit your taste)
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen, cooked until tender in salted water)
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette (creamy style preferred)
- Wash quinoa thoroughly under cool running water using a sieve. Combine 2 cups water, quinoa and bring to a boil. Cook according to package instructions or approximately 20 minutes (covered). Cook corn in salted water until tender; then drain well.
- Place quinoa in a bowl and allow it to come to room temperature along with the drained corn.
- Meanwhile, chop scallions and parsley - add to quinoa once it has cooled. Add feta cheese and dried cranberries. Mix well. Add balsamic vinaigrette - mix well. Add additional dressing if needed. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Allow salad to sit for at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Serve at room temperature and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION