Simple Blueberry Pie
photo by abigler_06
- Ready In:
- 2 pie crusts, uncooked (homemade or store bought)
- 4 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a pie pan.
- Place one of the pie crusts in the pan, making sure to prick the bottom with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mix blueberries (rinsed) and sugar.
- Combine corn starch and lemon juice together in a small container by whisking until blended.
- Add the starch/lemon mixture to the blueberries and sugar.
- Pour the mixture into the awaiting pie crust and spread.
- Dab the top of the blueberry mixture with pieces of butter.
- Place the other pie crust on top of the mixture (you can do a lattice design if you wish).
- Make sure there are holes in the top of the pie crust to allow for ventilation.
- Bake in the oven for at least 50 minutes until the crust is browned
- Let cool before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooking is one of my many passions and hobbies. I love creating new, inventive things. My fianc? is French, I am a Kansan, and we are living in England, so I've encountered new and exciting ingredients to play around with.