Shrimp With Orzo, Olives and Feta
I THINK this came from the local Sunpapers, years ago -- I have been making it so long!It is quick, easy, VERY tasty, and pretty to serve, especially if you have an Italian or Greek decorated platter. Add salt and pepper to taste. (You can save time and effort by using cooked shrimp, but if you have raw, first saute in a few Tbsp. of butter and olive oil.)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook orzo according to directions, drain well.
- In a large serving bowl, combine shrimp, tomatoes, cheese, vinegar, lemon juice, scallions, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Toss well.
- Add orzo and stir to mix.
- Garnish with kalamata olives, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Delicious dinner, delicious meal! Yestarday I made my family very happy with this!<br/>I prepared the shirmps as Justjan said, as I preffere to use raw shrimps and I have always some in the freezer.<br/>I prepared it as described using canned tomatoes and but I can imagine that fresh tomatoes (seeded and diced) would be very tasty as well.<br/>I loved the combination of feta with shrimps with the hebs! Thanks a lot for this recipe!
Made this for "Made for Eating Well While Staying Cool/Diabetes forum and after seeing PaulaG's picture...this was delicious!!! Definately going into my Favorites of 2013. I did cut the recipe in half, added the frozen shrimp into the pasta water towards the end and also used fresh oregano and tomatoes. DH ate all and would like to have it again soon. Thank you for posting.
This is a very tasty and quick dish. I made half a recipe and used the full can of drained tomatoes. The shrimp were frozen and were dropped into the cooking pasta toward the end of cook time. I did use fresh oregano. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will use fresh tomatoes. A delicious summer meal. Half a recipe made 3 very generous servings. Made for Aussie Swap.