Green Beans With Tomatoes, Olives, and Feta
photo by Carla C.
- Ready In:
- In a medium bowl, prepare an ice bath for cooling the beans.
- Cook the beans in salted boiling water, about 6 minutes, until crisp, but tender.
- Drain the beans, then cool in the ice bath.
- Drain and put the beans in a serving dish.
- Add the feta cheese to the cooled beans.
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic, about 60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Remove form heat and add the tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, and oregano.
- Toss this mixture.
- Pour over green beans and feta and stir gently to combine.
This was delicious!!!! I made this tonight with Braised Balsamic Chicken and some white rice. I did make some modifications. We don't eat olives, so I went with a red bell pepper instead. No cherry tomatoes so I just used some regular ones (2 of them) off the vine. I took about 4 cloves of garlic and sliced it. Forgot the lemon juice (oops) and added about 5 fresh basil leaves that were rolled then sliced. I sauteed the tomatoes, peppers and garlic in bacon drippings from the other recipe. Again, delicious!!! Would definitely make this again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a graduate student studying agricultural economics, originally from Georgia. (Go dawgs!) I try to eat very healthy, most often low-carb. But, I do love sweets sometimes. I like to bake for others so much- so I do it all the time and have become known for just stopping by with casseroles, brownies etc..