- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter (NO substitute)
- 1 cup olive oil (I use 1/2 of each) or 1 cup canola oil (I use 1/2 of each)
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons dried fine herbs
- 8 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 teaspoons salt (I omit this)
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle louisiana hot sauce
- 2 lbs washed large raw shrimp, in shell
- Heat all ingredients except the shrimp in a large saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Set aside for flavors to blend.
- When ready to cook, add the shrimp and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower heat and slowly simmer, stirring often for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve in flat bowls with with sauce, crusty French or sour dough bread for dipping, icy cold beer and lots of napkins! This is an "eat with your fingers experience". Suck the juice from the shrimp and then peel & eat (or eat the shells if you're so inclined.).
- It really doesn't get much better than this!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">