Shoarma / Kebab Soup
photo by Aguslawa
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 50mins
- 1 kg red lentil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 50 g chicken breasts
- 1 tomatoes
- Put the lentils in a bowl and pour water over to completely cover the lentils. Leave be for about 4-5 hours.
- Add the soaked lentils to a bowl, add cubed chicken breast, sauces and spices. Mix well, add 3 liters of water and simmer.
- Cut up the bell peppers into little pieces (inch by inch max) and roast them or fry on a grill pan until slightly burnt and very soft.
- Cube a tomato. Put it into the pan you fried your peppers in and cook until the skin comes off easily. Put tomato into a sieve, hold over the lentil pot and grind the tomatoes until all you have left in the sieve is the skin.
- Blend the soup well and *then* add the bell peppers.
- Leave overnight and serve the next day with toasted bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a psychology student who loves to cook and create new, cheap and fancy recipes for every tired college student who wants to try something new.