Seviyan ( Vermecilli Dessert )
- Ready In:
- 250 g fine vermicelli (Seviyan)
- 100 g ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 125 g sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cardamom powder
- 6 ounces water
- 3⁄4 cup fried golden raisin
- sliced almonds (to garnish)
- Put sugar , 6 ounces water and honey in a pan and dissolve on a slow fire.
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Heat ghee and put in vermicelli and fry gently to a golden color.
- Put in the prepared syrup and cardamoms
- Add the fried raisins.
- Mix well and cook on a very slow fire until the water or moisture is all absorbed.
- When ready it should be separated and not mushy or sticking together.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very enjoyable. I have a recipe similar in my recipes, but it doesnt use only water... it is cream-based. This was a nice change from that, but I will admit that I prefer the cream-based version. This is very very sweet, and rich :-) I will definitely make this again as my husband loves these types of desserts!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
An Indian living in the US for the past couple of years. A full time graduate student. Love to cook. Cook lunch and dinner every day but really love it when we have guests for lunch or dinner. When I have guests, I allow myself to prepare a 3 or four course meal , not otherwise :).