Self-Frosted Brownie Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add milk, butter, egg and vanilla. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Stir in pecans by hand.
- Spread batter into greased 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 36 years old and the mother of four wonderful children. Two girls and two boys. ?Being a stay-at-home mom affords me ample time to indulge my passion for cooking and baking! (Thanks again to my wonderful husband!) My oldest daughter loves to help in the kitchen and wants to eat what she cooks, so that's helping broaden her eating horizons! My youngest daughter is still pretty picky, but we're dealing! Thank goodness my husband is gracious enough to eat whatever I cook. (I guess he knows that if he complains, he'll be asked to do the cooking himself!!)