" Secret Ingredient" Beef Stew
photo by puppitypup
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 2 cups mini peeled carrots
- 1 medium green pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- In a big pot or dutch oven, brown meat in salad dressing. Add the next 9 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 hours or till meat is tender.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, pepper and onion.
- Cover and simmer another hour or until veggies are tender. Combine flour and cold water in a shaker, stir into stew and bring to a boil till thickened. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
LOVED IT! I agree the Italian dressing added a very nice flavor. I browned the meat first then put all the ingredients in the crockpot at the same time and it turned out beautifully. Thank you for posting! Made for the Photo Forum's Crockpot Event, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span style="color: #993366;">I credit my mother and aunt for my love of cooking--Mom for her creativity and my aunt for putting the apron on me and letting me go. I enjoy baking most of all and when I get time, that's what I do for fun. There's never a shortage of takers! During the holidays I am a maniac for baking cookies and every year around late October, I start prowling for new creative, different ideas.</span></p>