Sea Island Charbroiled Shrimp
photo by maryemerald
- Ready In:
- 15 medium shrimp
- 3 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water 20 minutes to prevent burning
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- lemon pepper, to taste
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- Prepare charcoal grill.
- Peel and devein shrimp, rinse and pat dry.
- Thread 5 shrimp onto each of 3 skewers, first pushing sharp end of skewer through large end of shrimp, then through tail.
- Set aside.
- Place bread crumbs on flat plate.
- Combine vegetable oil and melted butter in flat bowl.
- Put one skewer on bread crumbs, pressing lightly, then turn over and press crumbs on other side.
- Dip each side into oil and butter mixture, then place on plate and sprinkle each side with lemon pepper and seasoned salt.
- Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Rub grill rack with oil-soaked paper towel to prevent sticking.
- Grill shrimp about 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until done, basting with remaining butter mixture.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Makes 3 skewers, each 220 calories (73.6 percent calories from fat), 18 g fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrates, 0 g dietary fiber, 6 g protein.
- Source: Sea Island/Express-News files.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!