- Ready In:
- 1hr 12mins
6 1/4th inch thick
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste (4 ozs)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper
- 1 cup fresh tomato, blanched, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low-sodium mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 stalks scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, finely grated
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in 1-pound loaf pan (preferably a pan with a drip rack) and bake covered at 350° F for 50 minutes.
- Uncover pan and continue baking for 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!