- Ready In:
- 150 g margarine
- 230 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 g vanilla sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate (e.g. Cremant)
- 125 g ground almonds
- 125 g biscuits, ground (in the US known as crackers, must be unsalted !)
- 375 g powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Stir margarine until foam-like.
- Add sugar, yellow of the 6 eggs, salt and vanilla sugar, stir again.
- Dissolve chocolate in 3 tablespoons of water and add to the mixture.
- Add almonds and biscuits.
- Stir the white of the 6 eggs until stiff, add to the mixture and mix well.
- Grease 10 inch cake pan with margarine, pour mixture into pan.
- Bake on lowest position in oven at 180°C (356°F) for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Mix powder sugar with 4 tablespoons of water. Put 1 tablespoon aside.
- Add chocolate powder to the rest of the mixture, add a few drops of water and stir.
- Let cake cool off after baking. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over cake.
- Form a small, funnel-shaped paper with a tiny opening. Put the mixture set aside in 1. into paper and draw 8 concentric circles on cake.
- Use a small knife and pull 8 lines from the center towards the edge and 8 lines from the edge towards the center alternating.
- Hint: Store chocolate cake in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!