Scallops and Shrimp With Mushrooms
photo by Katanashrp
- Ready In:
- 16 large sea scallops
- 24 large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3⁄4 lb mixed mushrooms (incl. Oyster, chanterelle, cremini)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 4 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 heads frisee (washed, may substitute curly endive)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Season the scallops and shrimp with freshly ground pepper and set aside.
- In a 12 inch non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until smoking.
- Place the scallops in and DO NOT move them.
- Allow them to cook until crisp and golden brown, unmoved on same side for 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a 14 inch saute pan, heat remaining olive oil over high heat until smoking.
- Add shallots and saute until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms into 1/4 inch slices and add them to the saute pan.
- Toss 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the shrimp.
- Add the vinegar and turn shrimp until they are pink.
- Then add the frisee or endive.
- Toss quickly, season with salt and pepper to taste, and divide among 2 dinner plates.
- Without turning the scallops, remove scallops and arrange 8 on each plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in 1942 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in this GREAT United States of America. I have since resided in Baltimore Maryland, Atlanta Georgia, Orlando Florida, Fort Lauderdale Florida, Los Angeles California, Selma Oregon, and now in Albuquerque New Mexico. I have enjoyed not only eating, but cooking all my life.