Scrumptious Scallops and Shrimp With Linguini
photo by Satyne
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sea scallops (cut in 1/2 or 1/4 if large)
- 1 lb peeled and cleaned large shrimp
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 -6 servings cooked linguine
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops, and saute 4 minutes or until done. Remove scallops from skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside, and keep warm. Add shrimp and cook until just pink in color, remove from skillet, add to scallops, keep warm.
- 2. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, add onion rings and garlic to skillet, and saute for 2-3 minutes, until onions are tender. Add tomato and remaining ingredients and saute 2 minutes or until tender.
- Return scallops and shrimp to skillet and toss gently until blended.
- 3. Spoon sauce over linguini. Serve it immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made this recipe countless times now, and I must say it's as delicious and beautifull as it sounds!!! Was fairly easy and quick, and has restaurant-quality taste and presentation! The ONLY thing I added was a heaping tablespoon capers, which I happen to love; I did NOTHING different as far as directions and ingredients.....have recommended to friends with absolute agreement! This recipe is definitely a 5-star beauty!!!