photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Heat oven to 220°c.
- Peel, par and thinly slice the potatoes.
- Grease the baking dish well.
- Melt and mix the butter and flour mixture.
- Add the minced peppers. (optional).
- Layer the potatoes in the dish,
- Dredge each layer with the pepper, flour and butter mixture.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of sage on each layer.
- Heat the cream and milk adding the nutmeg and paprika.
- Pour the milk over the potatoes.
- Bake them for 2 hours ~ May be covered for the first 30mins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent side. I accidentally ended with too much cream and to help use some of it I reversed at amounts of milk and cream in this recipe. Oh my. was it good! I have to say that you should really watch this, I made the full recipe and it was fully cooked with very tender potatoes in about half the stated time even with me lowering the oven to 350 after the first 30 mins. Made for PAC, Fall 2012
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I come from Malta and my partner Elizabeth comes from the US ~ Indiana. We both love good wholeome food, and enjoy both preparing it and eating it! All foood needs to be washed down by a good bottle of wine and we have a very wide taste in wines right down from a bottle of house wine to help with the cooking and up to a classical bottle of wine to enjoy with a meal. We decided to buy a little guest house called Ashfield House in the gorgeous Yorkshire Dales which I run and Elizabeth works as a lawyer and supports me admirably at weekends and most evenings.