Scallop Corn Bacon Burgers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
What a delightful burger!! This recipe comes from "Road Grill" - "Road Grill II - 2033. So very delicious -
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce (or more)
- salt and pepper
- 3 ears corn, shucked silks removed
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops, debearded
- 1 teaspoon cajun spices
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 12 slices cooked crispy bacon, minced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 3 green onions, minced
- french greens
- tomatoes, sliced
- avocado, sliced
- hamburger bun
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the green Tabasco, and lime juice. Mix the sauce together and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove the husks from the orn and lay the cobs on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat barbecue to medium high heat - 375°F.
- Oil the grill to prevent sticking.
- Place corn on the grill and cook for approximately 2 minutes, turning often.
- Remove the corn from the grill. Hold the cob upright on the cutting board and using a sharp knife, cutr downwards removing the corn kernels from the cob. Discard the cobs.
- In a food processor, process half of the corn kernels to a paste. Add 1/3 of the scallops, a pinch of salt nd pepper and Cajun spice and process again to paste. Add the remaining scallops a little at a time and pulse lightly so that the scallops are still chunky.
- Place the mixture into a large bowl.
- Fold the green onion, remaining whole corn kernels, minced bacon, breadcrumbs and lemon zest into the mixture.
- With oiled hands, pat the mixture into burgers and place them on a clean tray, Cover the burgers with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high (375F).
- Remove the burgers from the refrigerator and drizzle them with vegetable oil.
- Oil the grill to prevent them from sticking,.
- Place the burger on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Toast some soft buns on the warming rack while the second side of the burgers cook.
- Serve with avocado slice, drizzled with lime juice, lettuce, tomato and Tabasco mayo.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION