Savory Sweet Potato Bake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this recipe in All You magazine. The magazine lists the cost as 70 cents per serving.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch baking dish. Place potatoes and 1 teaspoons salt in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and whip with an electric mixer until smooth and light. Add sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoons salt, evaporated milk and butter; beat until smooth. Pour sweet potato mixture into prepared dish and bake until golden and slightly puffed, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, then serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION