Mashed White/Sweet Potato Bake
photo by Breakstone
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 large white potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 8 ounces chive & onion cream cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place white and sweet potatoes in separate bowls.
- Add half each of the cream cheese and sour cream to the potatoes in each bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Mash with potato masher or fork until creamy.
- Stir half of the parmesan into the bowl of white potato mix.
- Mix half of the cheddar cheese into the bowl of sweet potatoes.
- Alternately layer half each of the white potato mixture and sweet potato mixture in a 2 qt clear glass casserole dish.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and continue baking 5 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
Very tasty dish, we loved the combination of sweet & white pototoe. The only problem I had with this recipe was deciding how many/much potatoes to use being that a large potatoe can vary greatly. Based on weight, for 4-5 servings, I used about 1 lb of white & 1/2 lb of sweet and adjusted the other ingredients accordingly. I didn't have sour cream so I used yogurt instead which we are used to anyhow. My cream cheese was regular style & it worked ok too. There was plently of flavour & easy to make, thanks for sharing.
see 13 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again