- Ready In:
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 -10 large basil leaves, roughly torn
- 5 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On silpat (or parchment) roll out one crust worth of dough an 11" circle and place on baking sheet (some of the dough may drape over the edge; this will be folded over the filling). Combine Monterey Jack with mozzarella and spread over center of dough circle, leaving a 2" rim. Sprinkle most of the basil over cheese, then top with tomato slices. Fold edges of dough up and over filling; there will be a 1-2" gap in the center. Sprinkle remaining basil into the gap.
- Bake galettes in preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool about 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.