MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Fannie Farmer has the best recipes.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb veal kidneys or 1 lb lambs kidney
- 3 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 1 cup mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- Remove the outside membrane from the kidneys.
- Rinse and pat dry; set to the side.
- Melt the butter and oil together in a skillet.
- Brown the kidneys quickly, and remove to a warm platter.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add the wine and cook for another minute or so; return the kidneys to the pan and add salt to taste.
- Heat through.
- Serve on toast points.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have been cooking lambs kidneys the same old way for such a long time and decided now was the time for a change. This is very similar but the red wine really gave it a richness of flavour that I was seeking and also the mushrooms. I sliced the kidney into about 4/5 slices each and followed the recipe. I did, however, add some chopped bacon and garlic. It was really a nice meal served with vegetables. Thanks Molly 533Reply