Sauteed Kidney in Mustard Cream Sauce
photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 350 g pork, kidney
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pat butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 splashes vinegar
- 3 teaspoons mustard
- 100 g yoghurt
- 1 lime, juice of
- Trim the kidneys by removing the gristle and cut the remainder into bite size slices and season.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the kidneys for about 2 minutes. Add the butter and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes. Remove the kidney with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
- Stir fry the onions/garlic in the same oil until soft (around 4 minutes). Add the vinegar and stir fry for a further 2 minutes. Prepare the mustard, add to the wok and then stir in the yoghurt a little at a time. Add the lime juice and cook for a further minute and then return the kidneys to the wok. Stir well, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!