Sausage, Potato, and Spinach Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I used fresh basil and added a bunch of jalapenos to make it spicier. I also doubled the spinach, but I'll post the recipe as written. Perfect fall soup. Recipe courtesy of www.damndelicious.net
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb red potatoes, diced
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in chicken broth and bay leaf, and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until it begins to wilt, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION