Sarah Shipley's Chicken Pot Pie
This is a simple, yet delicious, comforting meal. I've had it forever and the whole family loves it. I usu. don't make it with the almonds and it still tastes fantastic! Takes just minutes to throw together if you buy the crust already made.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shredded colby or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt, to taste
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- Toss cheese with flour.
- Combine cheese and almonds with turkey, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, poultry seasoning and salt. Mix well.
- If using refrigerated dough, follow mfg's directions. Line 8- or 9-inch pie plate with one of the pastry rounds. Fill with turkey mix. Top with second pastry round. Trim edges to 1/4-inch and crimp to seal. Flute as desired. Cut vents or decorative designs in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400°F 30 to 35 minute.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe was just as easy to throw together as the refrigerated pie crust, cream of chicken soup, and frozen mixed vegetable version of chicken pot pie that I'm used to making. It was quite tasty and a nice change from that same old standard. The only mistake I made was to use precooked chicken from the grocery store. This made the dish too salty (definitely NOT the fault of the recipe), so next time I'll make it w/ homemade leftover chicken.Reply