photo by Aparna Anurag
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
Ingredients for outer cover of Samosa
- all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- baking soda
- 2 tablespoons oil
Ingredients for filling
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- red chili powder, as per taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- coriander leaves
- 1)Mix flour+salt+baking soda+oil altogether properly.
- 2)Add warm water to this mixture for making a soft dough.
- 3)Keep dough aside for few hours.
- 1)half boil potatoes.
- 2)take them out cut them into small pieces.
- 3)Pour oil in the kadai.
- 4)saute cumin seeds,corriander powder,garam masala,mirch powder5)put potato into this and allow it to fry for around 15-20 min6)After cook it properly add coriander leaves to it.
- Ready to fill.
- 1)make a small balls from dough and shape them into small puri /circle shapes.
- 2)Cut each circle in half.
- 3)Spread the paste lightly all along the edge of one semicircle. Pick this semicircle up with both hands and fold it into a cone shape. Pinch the side of this cone so that it is completely sealed.
- 4)Fill the cone with 3 tablespoons of filling. Press this filling down with your fingers. Now close the top of this cone into a triangle shape, pinching the top edge so that it is completely sealed.5)Continue filling the rest of the samosas.6)Heat about 1-1/2 inch of the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. To check if oil is hot enough place a small piece of dough in oil and dough should sizzle and come to the surface slowly.7)Place the samosas in the frying pan a few at a time.
- After samosas are floating on top of the oil turn them slowly. 8)Fry the samosas until the samosas turn a light golden-brown color on all sides.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>There is no love sincere than love of food</p> <div><br />This is an attempt to popularize & share rich Indian tradition and culture which has deep roots.<br /><br />Through this blog I want to share my learning which was given to me by my mom & family during my upbringing.</div> <div>After marriage with my Husbands support and encouragement this idea of sharing my recipes with all food lovers specially Housewife's came to my mind and I have created this just for my cooking passion and share with all of you.</div> <div>This is an honest attempt to popularize Indian cuisine by a easiest means for all food lovers.</div> <p>My recipes available on my these site:</p> <p><span style=text-decoration: underline;>http://www.hindustanisakhisaheli.com/</span><br /><a rel=nofollow href=https://twitter.com/HindustaniSakhi/ target=_blank>https://twitter.com/HindustaniSakhi/</a><br /><a rel=nofollow href=http://pinterest.com/hindustanisakhi/ target=_blank>http://pinterest.com/hindustanisakhi/</a></p>