Salsa Stuffed Peppers
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place prepared peppers in a casserole dish and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until crisp tender.
- While peppers are roasting, crumble the ground turkey into large pan and cook over medium high heat until browned and cooked through. Add in onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, rice, beans, corn and salsa. Remove peppers from oven and allow to cool enough to handle. Scoop the turkey mixture into the cooked peppers. Any leftover filling can be scooped around the peppers. Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes. Top with grated cheese and return to oven just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- Serve with a nice tossed salad for a complete meal.
- Note: The peppers can be stuffed earlier in the day and refrigerated then the final cooking can be done later. They also freeze well. After filling, place in oven proof freezer container, wrap in foil and freeze. When ready to cook, defrost in refrigerator and place in a preheated oven and bake as directed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I came to this site in March of 2004. It was then called Recipezaar. This site was the first on-line site that I ever joined. I first popped in 2003 while searching for a Peach Cobbler Recipe. In March of 2004, DH was having shoulder surgery and I was looking for a Split Pea Soup. Once again I found myself on Zaar as it came to be called. Over the years I hung out and learned from some of the best home cooks in the country, I posted over 700 recipes on the site, reviewed over 3500 recipes and posted over 3000 food photos. Over the next 10 years the site made many changes and in 2010 it was sold to to Food Network and became Food.com. Until last year we played games, talked and shared with one another. As a result of the community and the relationships I built I got to meet some wonderful people from all over the country. I also have a great number of friends that I have never meet face to face. Some of us still hang out at various places across the net. Zaar was more than a cooking community. It was an internet community of friendship. Life is an adventure ever changing.