photo by Julie Bs Hive
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Layer the monterey jack cheese, cottage cheese and salsa evenly in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs and buttermilk and pour over cheese-salsa mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 1 hour until it sets in the middle and is golden brown on top.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
- Variations: Add 1 to 2 corn tortillas torn into bite-size pieces for an even more filling dish.
- This can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until time to cook. (Bring to room temperature first).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Twissis at the wheel again ;-) She cooked, I ate. Great plan, huh? This was really tasty! She baked it the night before (lazy heifer!) and we nuked it for breakfast. I'm a cottage cheese lover so this was right up my taste-alley! Thanks for sharing your recipe with Twissis ;-) so that I might have a leisurely breakfast!
I revisited my Dallas roots for brunch today & served this dish w/crisp bacon & fried potatoes -- my kinda comfort food! I live in Iceland, but I am sippin coffee in Tex-Mex heaven as I type. It was tasty, easy to fix & perfectly done in the time specified, altho I had to tent it for the last 15 min in my convection oven. Ths for posting this new breakfast favorite - We loved it!