Salmon Gefilte Layered Loaf
- Ready In:
1 large loaf
- 1 loaf salmon-gefilte, defrosted (A&B)
- 1 loaf gefilte fish, defrosted (Ungar's)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 1 onion, chopped
- Place the defrosted loaves into two separate bowls.
- Add a pinch of sugar and salt, pepper if desired, to each bowl.
- Sauté the onion, add the sautéed onion to the bowl containing the defrosted white gefilte fish mixture.
- Mix well.
- Drain the defrosted frozen chopped spinach well, squeezing out any excess water, add it to the white gefilte fish mixture.
- Mix well.
- Layer, in a well greased loaf pan, one half of the salmon mixture, then all of the white gefilte mixture, then the last half of the salmon mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 1 and 1/2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Quite delicious! I think that next time I might make it a little differently--using all the salmon on the bottom, followed by some plain whitefish, then whitefish with spinach. The possible variations are endless, but the presentation is just great and it is an easy make-ahead for the holidays. Many thanks.