This is a tasty and economical meal. I have had this delicious recipe for years and years!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 medium potatoes, peel and slice thin
- boiling water, to cover
- 15 1⁄2 ounces salmon
- 12 ounces frozen peas
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- heat oven to 350*F. Cover potatoes with boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes and drain.
- Drain salmon, saving liquid. Break into bite size pieces, discarding skin and bones.
- Break peas apart.
- Combine the peas with the carrot and onion.
- Put half the potatoes in a greased casserole dish and top with half of the salmon and half of vegetables. Repeat.
- Combine the salmon liquid and milk, spices and egg. Beat together with a fork and pour over top of the casserole.
- Combine the melted butter and crumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes, remove cover and bake 15 minutes longer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was pretty good. Seemed just a little dry to me, but very tasty. The recipe was very clear and easy to follow, so I will be making this again. Next time, I think I will use salmon steaks instead of canned salmon because I had trouble picking out the skin and bones. Perhaps using cream instead of milk would make the sauce a little richer. All in all, a good recipe and very easy on the budget! We LOVED the cornflake & butter topping!Reply
see 2 more