Salisbury Steak Dinner
I know there are a lot of salisbury steak recipes here on 'zaar, but this is my family's favourite, and I'm posting it for safe-keeping. My dog-eared magazine clipping is looking a bit the worse for wear! Tastes even better if made with leftover home-made gravy.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar ready made beef gravy
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed and peeled
- Combine beef, onion, bread crumbs, seasoning, chili sauce, and egg in medium bowl.
- Shape into four 1/2 inch thick patties. (I like making oval shapes.).
- Spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with nonstick spray.
- Heat over medium heat until hot. Add patties and cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides. Drain off excess fat, if needed.
- Add tomatoes, gravy, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are tender and beef is thoroughly cooked. Turn patties once during cooking and stir sauce often.