Salisbury Burger Patties With Caramelized Onions
From Pillsbury. If using frozen ground beef patties thaw them first.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced onions (2 medium)
- 4 (4 -5 ounce) ground beef burgers (4 to 5 oz. each)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar. Add onions; cook 12 to 16 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to turn golden brown. Place onions in medium bowl; cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook beef patties over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160 degrees.
- Return onions to skillet; pour grav over onions and patties. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring once or twice, until gravy is throughly heated. If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this recipe on 11/21/10 for our dinner.For the beef 1 pound of ground beef was used which was seasoned with a bit of seasoned salt,ground black pepper,and a bit of garlic powder then formed into patties. After cooking the onions for the stated length of time,they still weren't very caramelized so I cooked them for about 15 more minutes.The cooking time for the burger part of the recipe was "right on the money ". After draining the grease,I returned the onions to the pan and placed the burgers on top of the onions and let simmer for a bit.Then I poured the gravy over the patties, and throughly heated the gravy. This was served with mashed potatoes and fried okra.This recipe is what I would consider " Diner Style Comfort Food ". Thank you for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "Reply