Russian Vegetable Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is an adapted version of "Russian-style Vegetable Soup" from Taste of Home.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance butter spread
- 8 cups cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beet, chopped fresh
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk (or half and half)
- In a large kettle, cook the meat with salt and pepper until browned.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender; add to kettle. Add the cabbage, carrots, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, beets, parsley, water, and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 50-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk. Gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION