Russian Buttercream Chocolate Frosting
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened (2 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup golden syrup (Lyle's or Delta Brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (1 8 oz. box Bakers Baking Chocolate Squares) or 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (1 8 oz. box Bakers Baking Chocolate Squares)
- Microwave semi-sweet chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl at 30 second intervals, stirring before continuing, until just melted.
- In a food processor, process butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until smooth, about 30 seconds. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Add the syrup and vanilla and process until just combined, about 5-10 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl, and then add the melted chocolate and pulse until smooth and creamy, about 10-15 seconds. Do not overmix.
- Frosting can be used immediately or for longer storage, refrigerate the frosting, covered, and let it stand at room temperature for 1 hour before using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!