Rum Punch for One (Barbados)
photo by Jostlori
- Ready In:
1 rum cocktail
- 1⁄2 ounce lime juice, fresh squeezed is best
- 1 ounce sugar syrup (a mix of sugar and water cooked over low heat until sugar dissolves) or 1 ounce simple syrup (a mix of sugar and water cooked over low heat until sugar dissolves)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark caribbean rum
- 2 ounces water or 2 ounces passion fruit juice
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
- 2 -3 ice cubes
- Place ice cubes in tall glass. Add lime juice and sugar syrup and stir.
- Add rum and water (or passionfruit juice), and stir.
- Add bitters and nutmeg on top, and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh, this is a keeper!!! Made this exactly as written, but forgot to take the picture. So of course, had to make a second one! LOL... On the second one, I used orange bitters because I love Fee Brothers - and that was really, really good too. Thanks for posting what will likely become one of my go-to cocktails. Very tropical!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This site used to be awesome. It was at the top of its game when it was called Recipezaar, but that was many years ago. The site was purchased by Scripps and belly-flopped into mediocrity. A few of the faithful members remained, hoping to wait out the storm of corporate nonsense. But alas, it never got better and just continued on its terminal path to nothingness. So most of the loyal members have vanished and made homes at better recipe sites.