St. Croix Mango Rum Punch
photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) can strawberry nectar
- 1 (12 ounce) can mango nectar
- 2 (6 ounce) cans pineapple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 dash grenadine
- maraschino cherry
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark rum (1 shot)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces light rum (1 shot)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces coconut rum (1 shot)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces mango rum (1 shot)
- 3⁄4 ounce triple sec (1/2 shot)
- Mix the juices and nectars in a pitcher.
- Stir in enough grenadine to make it a pretty salmon pink color.
- Add two spoonfuls of the maraschino cherry juice and a few cherries.
- Add the liquor.
- Stir it thoroughly!
- Taste the punch to check the strength. You may want to add more alcohol to make it a little stronger. If you do, try to keep the proportions of the liquors the same.
- Just a note: Nectar is sold in individual cans. It's usually either with the juices or in the "ethnic food" section with the Latino items. I've used both Kerns and Jumex and they're both good.
- If you don't have mango rum, substitute another 1/2 shot of triple sec (to make a whole shot) and another 1/2 shot of light rum. However, I recommend looking for the mango--that's what makes this punch a little unique. Check the airplane bottles--they might have it there if there are no bigger bottles. Both Cruzan and Captain Morgan make the flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a dreamy, decadent and potent beverage, but so enjoyable! I can't wait to enjoy it on a beach somewhere! :) I made as directed, halving the recipe for 3 drinks (or 2 really big ones!) This made me feel like I had my toes in the sand, which is a wonderful transporter! I may substitute this for 'my' rum punch, which is saying something! Thanks so much for sharing, SweetPeaNC!
I was throwing a party and decided to make some Rum Punch for everyone. I didn't have a recipe for it, but found this one on here and decided to give it a try. This is the best Rum Punch I have EVER tried. The punch was a major hit at the party, everyone loved it. I've made it many times since. This is a classic punch that you could serve to anyone, 21 or over ofcourse.
I could only giv eit five stars becuase they don't have 10. It was so wonderful, just like what I had at the Rum Factory by Black Beard's castle in St. Thomas. I used this recipe at a wedding shower and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. I will make this again and agian and take it to every party I get invited to. Oh I did leave out the cherries, but only becuase I don't like them and it ws such a small amount I don't think it matter. Thanks again!