Rosemary-Orange Pork Chops and Lemon-Butter Broccolini
- Ready In:
- 1 navel orange, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 inches thick center-cut pork loin chops
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Broccolini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- crusty bread
- In a medium sauce pot over high heat, combine the zest and juice of the orange, brown sugar, chicken stock, rosemary, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by half.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Season the chops with salt and pepper, then add to the hot skillet. Cook the chops for 5 minutes on each side.
- While the pork chops are cooking, trim the broccoliini ends. Place the stalks into a skillet and cover with water.
- Cover the skillet and bring to a boil. Add salt and reduce the heat. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, until tender and bright green.
- Drain broccolini and return to the skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir and toss until the butter melts, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley to the reduced rosemary-orange glaze. Pour the glaze over the cooked pork chops.
- Toss to coat and transfer to a serving platter. Serve along with the broccolini and some crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My rating system: (I don't like giving bad reviews, so if I don't like it, I'll just not review it.) <br /><br />5 Stars OMG, this is one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten! I can't stop eating it, and I've eaten myself into a food coma. <br /><br />4 Stars The recipe is wonderful as is. I can't think of a single improvement and I will most likely make it again. <br /><br />3 Stars This needed a little *something*something*. I might make it again, but will add my own improvements if I do. <br /><br />I love to eat! And I love to cook. I tend to take over the kitchen when I get in there. Even the dog knows the command get outta my kitchen! LOL. Cooking for other people and trying new recipes or foods is FUN! I have a small (but growing quickly!!) cookbook collection and one of my favorite things to do is to read recipes and plan meals. Rachael Ray, Horn of the Moon and Moosewood are favorites of mine. <br /><br />We spend a lot of time outdoors camping, hiking and backpacking. Yup. I cook in the woods too! I've made deals with my hiking buddies... If they carry in my food, I'll cook for them. I recently published a backpacking cookbook. Check out the website: http://www.onepanwonders.com <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/AnimatedPRD.gif alt= /> <img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif alt= /></p>