Roquefort-stuffed Pork Chops
photo by Rhonzy
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cut each pork chop horizontally in half to bone (or almost through if using boneless chops), making pocket for stuffing.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add bread and sauté until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to medium bowl.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onion and rosemary and sauté until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add to bread.
- Refrigerate until mixture is completely cool, about 15 minutes.
- Mix Roquefort into bread mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Insert stuffing into pockets in pork, dividing equally.
- Skewer pockets closed with toothpicks if necessary.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat.
- Add pork to skillet; sauté until brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place skillet in oven.
- Bake pork until cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi all - I have been member of Recipezaar for a while now. I work as an executive assistant. I love to read - read everything, but scifi/fantasy is a particular favorite. Am actually a pretty easily amused and satisfied soul....am pretty much happy all the time.