Roasted Winter Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 1 lb carrot, peeled
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and seeded (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, and butternut squash in 1 to 1 1/4-inch cubes. All the vegetables will shrink while baking, so don't cut them too small.
- Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once with a metal spatula.
- Sprinkle with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.
Join The Conversation
Great side dish recipe for fall. My family loved it, with the exception of the parsnip. That was not well received...it had a weird sour taste. Mine cooked longer than stated and the carrots took longer than the other veggies. I would suggest cutting them smaller. My girls ages 3 and 6 loved them....bonus!