Roasted Cauliflower & Zucchini Dip (Hummus-Esque)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I wanted something super low fat/cal and was craving hummus, so I came up with this dip. I like it quite a bit. Tell me what you think ;)
- Ready In:
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, sliced 1/2 in thick
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 dash cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 500. Arrange chopped cauliflower in a single layer on a sheet pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick spray. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 7-10 minutes until tender and beginning to brown deeply.
- Arrange zucchini slices in a single layer in a sheet pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick spray. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 10 minutes, flipping once after 5 minutes.
- Allow veggies to cool slightly, then add to a blender or food processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth, adding small amounts of water as needed to reach the desired consistency. You should not need more than a couple tablespoons. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, or additional lemon juice or cayenne.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION