Ritz Mock Apple Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 36 Ritz crackers
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Roll out bottom crust of pastry and fit into 9 inch pie plate.
- Break crackers coarsely into pastry lined pan; set aside.
- In saucepan, combine water, sugar and cream of tartar; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Slowly pour syrup over crackers, letting it seep in some as you go along.
- Dot top with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover with top crust; flute edges.
- Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"The proud wife of one of those legendary Iwo Jima Marines, I am 75 years old, mother of four wonderful children, grandmother of seven perfect grandchildren, grandmother of one "bonus" step-grandson (he is perfect, too)a cancer survivor, a quilter and a collector of cookbooks. My cookbook collection is stabilized at about 350, for I have learned to give an undesirable one to Good Will every time I acquire a new one."
Join The Conversation