Rich and Hearty Pork Chops
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a pork chop casserole that is thick and rich. Not too much work, but the flavors are wonderful! Perfect for a sit down Sunday dinner.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 -8 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French's French fried onions
- Cut fat and bone from pork chops.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat shortening in a large skillet.
- Dredge the pork chops in flour mixture.
- Cook pork chops for about 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place pork chops in a single layer in an ungreased roasting pan or 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine mushroom soup, chicken broth, half the container of sour cream and rosemary with a wisk.
- Pour over pork chops.
- Sprinkle half the can of fried onions on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Then, stir remaining sour cream into gravy.
- Sprinkle remaining can of fried onions on top of pork chops.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for about ten more minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION